|Year:||1909 1910 1911 – 1912 – 1913 1914 1915|
1912 (MCMXII) was a leap year that started on Monday
- January 1 – The Republic of China is established.
- January 6 – New Mexico is admitted as the 47th U.S. state.
- February 14 – Arizona is admitted as the 48th U.S. state.
- March 7 - Roald Amundsen announces his success in reaching the South Pole.
- April 10 – The British ocean liner RMS Titanic leaves Southampton, England on her maiden voyage for New York City.
- April 14 – RMS Titanic strikes an iceberg in the northern Atlantic Ocean at 11:40 pm.
- April 15 – RMS Titanic sinks at 2:20 am, taking with her the lives of more than 1,500 people.
- July 19 – A meteorite with an estimated mass of 190 kg explodes over the town of Holbrook in Navajo County, Arizona causing thousands of pieces of debris to rain down on the town.